Arroyo Seco Weekend is a fully accessible event, and we are dedicated to continually improving our efforts to ensure you have access to all the festival amenities. We welcome and encourage all feedback and suggestions from our patrons. The following explains the services provided this year. For any accessibility-related questions and/or needs please email us at email@example.com and we will do our best to help you have an awesome experience at Arroyo Seco Weekend!
All accessibility-related inquires can be answered at our Access Center, which will be located inside the venue. Additionally this is the location to recharge wheelchair batteries and/or the other assistive technology requiring electrical recharging, as well as storing equipment.
The venue is fully navigable for people with mobility disabilities. There are accessible pathways connected throughout the venue including parking, entrances, stages, vendors and all other activity areas.
A separate ADA lot will be available for patrons with valid handicap placards, plates and/or permits, as well as the applicable proof that it belongs to them. Please follow signage or ask staff upon entering the festival how to access this lot. From the 210 Freeway, please exit at Mountain Street and proceed West down Seco Street. Make a right turn on Arroyo Boulevard and then left into Lot F.
*Please note that it is against the law to park in an accessible parking space without the required ADA credentials or to fraudulently use someone else’s in order to gain access to ADA parking spots.*
ACCESSIBLE VIEWING AREAS
There will be accessible viewing areas made available to ADA patrons who may need to see above the crowd on a number of Arroyo Seco Weekend’s stages. For entrance to the platforms please visit the Access Center to gain access to these areas.
We will be providing daily guided tours throughout the venue. If you would like a guided tour, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
There are accessible pathways and routes throughout the venue. We encourage all patrons to utilize personal forms of transportation, including wheelchairs and scooters. If you need to recharge your motorized wheelchair, you may do so at the Access Center. Patrons should bring all cords and accessories needed to charge their devices. Chargers must use a 110-volt, 20 amp circuit. We will not be providing wheelchair or scooter rentals
Persons with disabilities and their service dogs or miniature horses that are individually trained to do work or perform tasks for those persons with disabilities are welcome at Arroyo Seco Weekend, as are those training service animals. Pets are not allowed and will be turned away. Due to large-scale animal service fraud, and for the protection of all festival patrons, service animals must be screened and registered at the Access Center immediately upon entry to the site. Please contact us at email@example.com for protocols regarding service animals.
Any service animal whose task is to provide protection, emotional support, well-being, comfort, or companionship, is not considered a service animal and will not be allowed into the venue.
- All service animals must remain by the handler’s side at all times and must be harnessed, leashed, or tethered, unless these devices interfere with the service animal’s work or the individual’s disability prevents using these devices. In that case, the individual must maintain control of the animal through voice, signal, or other effective controls.
- Service animals must be housebroken and should use the service animal relief area.
- Anyone bringing an animal will be responsible for and liable for any damage or injury caused by the animal.
EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION REQUESTS
There will be several options available for ADA patrons with auditory disabilities. We will have assisted listening devices available at the Access Center. If you require effective communication in the form of an ASL Interpreter or closed captioning, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: Requests must be made no later than three weeks before the event to allow for sufficient processing time.
We have several assisted listening options available for those with hearing impairments. Individuals with their own hearing aids can tap into the hearing loop feeds that will be available at several stages. Individuals without hearing aids can pick up a receiver at any of the Access Centers, free of charge! For more information, please contact email@example.com and/or visit any of the Access Centers.
- ATMs & Concessions: ATM’s and Concessions are fully accessible and located throughout the venue. If assistance is required please confer with a festival staff member.
- First Aid: We have several First Aid locations that are noted on the festival maps. Professional medical staff can help you with your medical needs at these locations.
- Special Dietary Needs: Arroyo Seco Weekend will have food vendors that provide gluten-free dietary options. For those with special dietary needs beyond the festival food service, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
COMMENTS, QUESTIONS & SUGGESTIONS
In continually trying to make our festival more accessible we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com for any of your accessibility-related needs. Additionally, if you have any questions about policies or our services please reach out to us.